However, if you are not a football junkie, you do have alternatives and this year we have the Olympic games in Tokyo.
From July 23rd to August 8th, 206 countries and over 11,000 athletes will compete 339 events showcasing their skills to the world.
The NBC/Comcast broadcast network family has the TV rights to air all of the Olympic coverage on all of its platforms.
While some of the more traditional events like gymnastics reach their conclusion, there are plenty of other interesting stories to follow. Here are some that we think you might enjoy:
- U.S. women's soccer attempts to bring back the gold medal after failing to do so in 2016.
- 3X3 basketball makes its Olympic debut.
- Simone Manuel and Katie Ledecky lead the U.S. women in swimming.
- Transgender athletes make an appearance in weightlifting and in soccer.
- Bruce Springsteen's daughter makes her Olympic debut in equestrian jumping.