Chair Speaker for TV has many features that set it apart from other TV hearing devices. Our use of infrared light is one of them!
“Infrared waves, or infrared light, are part of the electromagnetic spectrum,” scientists at NASA explain. “People encounter Infrared waves every day; the human eye cannot see it, but humans can detect it as heat.”
If you’re shopping for the best wireless headphones for TV sound, what you need to know about the infrared light used in our wireless speakers for TV is that it offers a number of benefits, including:
- Sound is transmitted at speeds that can be up to 40 times faster than Bluetooth, which ensures that the audio and visual components of your favorite programs are in sync.
- You don’t need to worry about interference from your microwave, cordless phone or WiFi.
- And they’re better than TV headphones because you can still hear the conversation, the beep of your microwave letting you know your dinner is ready or your phone.
You can shop around, but we’re willing to bet that you won’t get those advantages with the kind of TV ears Costco carries!
Other Uses for Infrared Waves
You probably have other things in your home already that take advantage of infrared waves, which can also be referred to as infrared radiation (IR), so you’ll know it’s perfectly safe. In fact, as Live Science reports, “All objects in the universe emit some level of IR radiation.”
The folks at Live Science also explain that, “Household appliances such as heat lamps and toasters use IR radiation to transmit heat, as do industrial heaters such as those used for drying and curing materials. Incandescent bulbs convert only about 10 percent of their electrical energy input into visible light energy, while the other 90 percent is converted to infrared radiation, according to the Environmental Protection Agency.”
Infrared waves are also used in devices that communicate with each other, including your television’s remote control, they say. “Infrared lasers can be used for point-to-point communications over distances of a few hundred meters or yards. TV remote controls that rely on infrared radiation shoot out pulses of IR energy from a light-emitting diode (LED) to an IR receiver in the TV, according to How Stuff Works.”
NASA even uses infrared for thermal imaging, exploring the universe and seeing through dense regions of dust and gas in space.
You might not be able to see infrared light, but you’ll be able to see the difference it makes when used in devices designed to hear TV better. For more information, call 1-866-630-5805 or order your Chair Speakers for TV online.